Monday, June 1, 2009

Thankful for the Little Things in Life


Being thankful each day help helps to keep us in the right attitude even when things are not going right. We have all had those days (sometimes it is more like weeks or months) when things are not going so well. It is easy at those times to feel sorry for ourselves. I have found that looking for the things in my life that I am thankful for helps to keep me from feeling sorry for myself and getting in a depressed mode. It can be a bunch of very small things that I become aware of and thankful for when I try to think about it. The big things are easy, I am always thankful for my husband, my kids, my friends, my extended family, a roof over my head, my relationship with God, my health (overall pretty good, even though I have a few issues, I know it could be worse), plenty of decent clothes, etc. The little things are a hug from one of my sons, a kiss from my bay girl, finding a great top on sale for $3.99, a yard sale around the corner that had the cutest baby clothes for my daughter for .25 each, a great parking spot, loosing ½ a pound! The little things all add up to having a lot to be thankful for! Would love to hear about some of the small things you are thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment